Friday, September 9, 2016

Review of Marc Anthony's Coconut Oil & Shea Butter Sulfate Free Shampoo


Image result for marc anthony's shampoo     

Marc Anthony's Hydrating Coconut Oil & Shea Butter Sulfate Free Shampoo's Review


I was on a trip to one of Dubai's malls when I walked into this makeup shop with a shelf dedicated to luxurious and, must I add, expensive hair products, ranging from Shampoos, conditioners of all types, oils, serums etc. I surveyed them all and then this lovely yellow-orange gradient tube caught my attention. I had found the product that claimed that it combated all my hair problems.



Frontside



A simple image of coconut and shea beans is placed below the title. It claims that it "Restores dry, damaged hair and supercharges healthier, faster growth". It's "Infused with Biotin" which happens to be an essential B-complex vitamin that contributes to healthy hair, skin and nails. It says "Sans Sulfate" (Without Sulfate) which is excellent because Sulfates are used in many shampoo manufacturing industries to create lather, while that can be a good thing, it also strips the hair off its natural oils, causing it to be brittle and dry. It contains 250 ml / 840 fl oz. of shampoo, as indicated at the very bottom. The tube is made of high quality plastic with a generic open-able cap at its end. 


Backside



The benefits, directions of use and ingredients are stated here in English and French along with copyright stamps and credits.  


Review

I have used this product for about a year and I can proudly say I regret nothing. This is the best product for my hair type that I've come across. 
I have always had stunted hair growth, so this shampoo didn't quite improve my hair length other than maybe a few centimeters. However, I have a strong feeling that it does work expertly in hair growth for others who have used it. 
It definitely did hydrate  my dry hair quite thoroughly though as it promised! As the product states, it works best on dry hair types, and so far, so true, because it's really moisturizing and works wonderfully on dry hair, it doesn't weigh it down like other shampoos do.
I'd recommend not using this shampoo when you've oiled your hair and then going for a shower to wash off the oil, in those cases just use the normal sulfate shampoos because they will wash away the excess oil. This one will make your hair oilier if used for washing away oil because it has a bit of coconut oil itself, so just use it as a regular shampoo on product-free hair. Also, you might not want to try this if you have oily hair, because as I said, its own oil combined with oily hair will only weigh it down and there are no benefits in this situation. 
You might notice during combing after the shower, that the hair divides into several oily sections. That is a disgusting feeling indeed, and I suggest you to not directly comb your hair after the shower. Wait for it to dry, then use a detangler afterwards to comb your hair. This way it'll really absorb into your roots and you won't be left with that icky feeling. Your hair will be back to its normal condition after a few hours, with more suppleness of course. The effect wears off completely in 24 hours.

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

DO FINISH THIS SHAMPOO BEFORE A YEAR! 
I let it remain for quite a long time, and so, the shampoos contents separated drastically! When i first bought it was firstly this solid-liquid texture, but after a year it just became a runny yellow liquid. It still works as wonderfully, but there is obviously a deficit of efficiency and the thought of massaging runny gooey liquid through your hair isn't such a great idea, is it? 




Summary

Although it's a great product, I only recommend this to seriously dry and wavy-curly hair types. It's quite expensive for a shampoo, but if you're looking for a seriously hydrating product, this one is worth it. It's from a trusted company. Below are the product's claims that have worked and not worked on me: 

Restores Dry and Damaged Hair?                        

Supercharges healthier, faster growth?              

Repairs split ends and breakage?                         

Invigorates and revives shine?                             

Hair is left healthy and frizz free?                        


Remember, everyone is different! What had and had not worked on me might not necessarily affect you in the same way. 

Price:

$9.53


€8.55    


Website: 

>Click me< 





Disclaimer: I bought this product at its original price and am reviewing it solely for my own interest. This review is fully unbiased and by no means relates to an advertisement of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment